Georgia Southern offers qualified, motivated professionals a 21-month path to a Master of Business Administration degree. Launched in 2001, the program has an established track record of preparing students for the complexities of today’s global business environment. Through the use of technology and traditional teaching methods, faculty facilitate learning in a collaborative, team based environment. Students of this academically rigorous program benefit from the support of their team members as they advance through the program, together. The online program enjoys high student satisfaction and graduation rates. Upon completion of the Georgia Southern University MBA, online students receive a Georgia Southern University diploma and join an alumni network of over 73,000.
The asynchronous structure of the online format allows students to attend class from wherever, whenever. Unlike traditional face-to-face MBA classrooms, your classroom is accessible from anywhere in the world, 24/7. Flexibility is a valuable feature for time challenged, working professionals seeking to maintain control of hectic work and personal schedules.
All Georgia Southern’s MBAs are, at their core, general management degrees that complement most undergraduate degrees and enhance the skill set of our graduates – no matter their career path. The online curriculum consists of 10 courses/ 30 credit hours with students completing two courses each semester for five consecutive semesters. Up to six credit hours of graduate transfer credit may be considered, provided that the coursework was completed at an AACSB accredited business school and matches WMBA program curriculum.
The online MBA program incorporates one face-to-face meeting of students, faculty and staff. The mandatory orientation is held in Atlanta, Georgia immediately prior to the first week of classes. All students who reside within the United States are required to attend the two-day orientation their first semester. Both students and faculty benefit from this in-person meeting and participate in a variety of structured sessions designed to enhance the online experience.
- Low program tuition cost: well below national average
- Professional accreditation: AACSB International
- We’ve been doing this for twelve years – far longer than most programs so we know what we are doing.
- No requirement to come to campus or take proctored exams. All work, except for a 2-day orientation, is completed online.
- Professionally qualified faculty: Our full-time graduate professors are certified, as well as academically qualified by AACSB
- Team-based learning: Our students rely on faculty-to-student and “pod” learning to leverage the extensive business expertise of all program stakeholders
- Applied focus: We are a program that focuses on applying knowledge and skills in business
- Two day orientation in Atlanta at the start of the program where students meet, form teams, learning about themselves and their learning style, meet faculty and negotiate and document the norms of team processes.
- Students are accepted for fall and spring semesters
- Complete in about 21 months
Value: Tuition and Fees
- In-state and Out-of-State: $21,840, but does not include institution fee paid each semester ($290). The cost is split over five consecutive semesters for a total of 21 months. Students must take two, 3-credit-hour courses per semester.
- An orientation fee of $700.00 is also required.