College of Business in Newsweek’s Great Business Schools 2015
The College of Business at Georgia Southern University seeks to develop and promote a learning environment of the highest quality, characterized by inspired teaching and informed by meaningful research. The college emphasizes close interactions and engagement among faculty, students, and the business community. We offer undergraduate degrees in eight disciplines, three master’s programs, and a PhD in logistics and supply chain management. Our student-centered learning community presents, applies, and extends the current boundaries of knowledge surrounding today’s dynamic global business environment. Our faculty members create learning opportunities and knowledge, both theoretical and practical. We are a diverse community, united in pursuit of our common values: continuous improvement, excellence, integrity, accountability, and respect.
- Our face-to-face, part-time MBA offered at both our main Statesboro and Savannah campuses, engages students in dynamic classroom discussions, challenging case studies, and innovative problem-solving. The Savannah cohort-based program is designed for working professionals to complete the MBA in sixteen months. Students in both face-to-face programs have access to campus resources, clubs, out-of-classroom experiences, and interaction with classmates and faculty.
- Our nationally ranked Online MBA provides professionals a 21-month path to an MBA. The asynchronous, cohort-based online program, launched in 2001, enjoys high student satisfaction and graduation rates.
- Our online Master of Science in Applied Economics program provides graduates with analytical capabilities in economic development, financial economics, and regulatory issues. The program develops competencies in market analysis, quantitative analysis, regulatory industry analysis, and financial economics. Graduates compete for employment in financial institutions, industry, and government enterprises engaged in financial economic development, public utilities, and federal and state regulatory agencies.
- The PhD in logistics and supply chain management prepares students for academic positions in logistics and supply chain management. Graduates will be equipped to serve as knowledge brokers, with the ability to transfer understanding of logistics and supply chain management to audiences and provide leadership in this increasingly important and complex field. The core classes focus on advanced courses in logistics, transportation, and supply chain management, providing a broad-based foundation to the historical and current trends in these areas.
- Our AACSB International-accredited School of Accountancy provides quality educational programs through teaching, research, and service. Our BBA in Accounting, in conjunction with the Master of Accounting (MAcc) programs, puts the student on the path to becoming a Certified Professional Accountant (CPA). We also offer a fully-online WebMAcc program. One of our most popular accounting tracks is the fraud and forensic accounting track which leads to certification as a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
- Our finance and economics degrees provide students with the foundation for careers in business, economics, law, and public policy. Our goal is to provide high quality instruction and service supported by an active agenda of applied and basic research.
- The BBA in information systems (IS) prepares students to increase business competitiveness through the application of information technology. Our IS Department also offers an online graduate certificate in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). Students in the ERP program receive an applied enterprise systems experience, while gaining hands-on experience using SAP.
- The BBA in logistics and intermodal transportation provides students with the problem-solving skills and supply chain knowledge needed to manage and lead modern organizations. Our courses develop critical-thinking skills using business statistics, optimization, and operations management.
- Our management degree offers emphasis areas in human resources, entrepreneurship, and hospitality management. The Center for Entrepreneurial Learning and Leadership is an integral component in our Business Innovation Group (BIG). BIG is currently expanding our City Campus in downtown Statesboro to include a Fabrication Laboratory (FabLab) and Incubator.
- The BBA in marketing incorporates business fundamentals and the current trends in today’s business environment. The marketing major offers students the ability to customize their plans of study with three specializations: sales and sales management, fashion merchandising, and retail management.