Professor Profile: Camille Broadway

March 12, 2013
Quaniqua Epps
Contributing writer

She has a Facebook account, a Twitter page, and in her office, a Tim Gunn bobble head and a “True Blood” poster. It is no wonder why students at Georgia Southern University easily connect with Camille Broadway, assistant professor of communication arts.

The Ooltewah, Tenn., native, who earned a bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Tennessee, insists that her most life-altering moment took place when she studied abroad in college in Swansea, Whales.

“I remember how terrified I was, flying internationally by myself. I had to get on a strange transportation system. I was doing all of these things I have never done, in a foreign country,” she said. “I made it on my own, all by myself, from Chattanooga to Swansea. Studying abroad gave me this confidence that I could do things that I have never done before.”

As a lifelong learner, one of Broadway’s biggest hobbies is reading. Her favorite books include novels such as “The Lord of the Rings,” “The Color Purple,” “As I Lay Dying, “Dune” and “The Deltoid Pumpkin Seed.”

She watches a good bit of television, too.

“I watch things like ‘True Blood,’ ‘Amazing Race,’ ‘Top Chef,’ ‘Project Runway,’ and I also watch things like ‘Honey Boo Boo,’ but I’m not a regular. I like HBO and Showtime shows. I have an MLB subscription, so I watch the Texas Rangers games as well,” she said.

The most important thing Broadway wants her students to learn is not a part of her curriculum.

“I want students to be able to be lifelong learners and be able to educate themselves.”

http://www.connectstatesboro.com/news/article/4062/

Share:

Posted in Uncategorized