BIG Pitch Competition
Ocean Exchange and Georgia Southern University partnered to create the BIG Pitch Competition for undergraduate and graduate students with faculty advisors. Winners receive a $10,000 Cash Award!!
2016 Finalists Announced!
VOLUNTEER to help at the event!
- Seeking solutions in innovations that improve economies, health and the environment fitting under the theme of sustainability.
- Registration Deadline: September 30, 2016, 11:59pm GMT, $50 registration fee. Finalists will be notified October 10, 2016.
- Finalists will present at Ocean Exchange on November 11 in Savannah, GA
- More details and contest rules will be posted at oceanexchange.org.
Congratulations to the 2015 finalists!
- Opus 12 from Stanford University, Renewable Fuel Production from Carbon Dioxide
- Resource Recovery from Waste Water from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, A Sustainable Water Treatment/Recovery Process
- Green Technology Artificial Reefs from Valdosta State University, Artificial Reefs from Cement
and Nutrient Mixtures
- Surya Conversions from University of Colorado-Boulder, Hybrid Electric Conversion Kits for Auto
Rickshaws in Developing Countries
- Prosumer Grid from Georgia Institute of Technology, Simulate & Optimize the Operation of
Distributed Energy Resources/Grid
- NTi Technology from Cornell University, Functional Coating for Self-Distribution
- Cooking with Stored Solar Heat from University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Maintain
Traditional Cooking Methods in the Developing World without Use of Fuel, Flame, & Emissions
- Loop from Savannah College of Art & Design, Biometric System to Upcycle Waste from Meat,
Fish, and Bone
Thank you to all who applied!
Last updated: 10/26/2016