BIG Pitch Finalists Announced
Ocean Exchange and the Business Innovation Group (BIG) at Georgia Southern University have revealed the eight finalists who will compete in the BIG Pitch collegiate competition for the $10,000 cash prize on Sunday, October 11, 2015. The BIG Pitch drew a total of 28 collegiate team applicants.
The inaugural class of collegiate innovators to present their solutions in Savannah at the BIG Pitch are:
- Opus 12 from Stanford University, Renewable Fuel Production from Carbon Dioxide
- Resource Recovery from Waste Water from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, A Sustainable Water Treatment/Recovery Process
- Green Technology Artificial Reefs from Valdosta State University, Artificial Reefs from Cement and Nutrient Mixtures
- Surya Conversions from University of Colorado-Boulder, Hybrid Electric Conversion Kits for Auto Rickshaws in Developing Countries
- Prosumer Grid from Georgia Institute of Technology, Simulate & Optimize the Operation of Distributed Energy Resources/Grid
- NTi Technology from Cornell University, Functional Coating for Self-Distribution
- Cooking with Stored Solar Heat from University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Maintain Traditional Cooking Methods in the Developing World without Use of Fuel, Flame, & Emissions
- Loop from Savannah College of Art & Design, Biometric System to Upcycle Waste from Meat, Fish, and Bone
“We received some really good applications from students all over the world,” said Dominique Halaby, director of BIG. “I’m very excited about the eight we selected to compete in our inaugural BIG Pitch competition. They represent some really innovative solutions.”
BIG Pitch facilitates the adoption of undergraduate and graduate innovations that improve economies, health and the environment. BIG Pitch is part of the Business Innovation Group (BIG) at the Georgia Southern College of Business and partners with Ocean Exchange.
For more information on the BIG Pitch Competition, the Ocean Exchange, or Georgia Southern University entrepreneurship programs, please contact Millicent Pitts, CEO of Ocean Exchange at 912-257-0209 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or Dominique Halaby, DPA, director of the Georgia Southern University Business Innovation Group at 912-478-2733 or email at email@example.com.
Posted in Events, In the News
Tags: BIG Pitch, Cornell University, finalists, Georgia Institute of Technology, Ocean Exchange, SCAD, Stanford, University of Colorado, University of Illinois, Valdosta State University, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University